Dear Accra Community Church Family:
In God’s wisdom, He ushered us into 2020 on the theme of Wisdom, teaching
us to pray the prayer of Moses in Psalm 90:12 “So teach us to number our
days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom”. By His wisdom and guidance we
will all overcome COVID-19.
As most of you are already aware, a few days ago the Ministry of Health confirmed that two people who returned to the country from Norway and Turkey have tested positive. As much as
this news may cause panic, we have to remember that God is our refuge and strength and a very present help in the time of trouble. The Lord will help us through this.
As a church, we have been paying careful attention to what the experts are
saying and want to share these guidelines with you. Please adhere to them
carefully and prayerfully implement them.
THIS IS WHAT YOU MUST DO:
1. Wash your hands with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds.
To make this habit easier to implement, try singing the first part of your
favourite gospel song as you wash your hands.
2. A hand sanitiser is not as effective as soap and water, but it is the next best thing as long as it contains at least 60% alcohol. When using it, rub all over your hands until they are dry . This should take about 10 seconds.
3. If you really need to cough and sneeze around people, do it into the crook of your
elbows. However, it is better for you to move away from people to cough or sneeze.
4. This is harder than it sounds, but it gets easier with practice: avoid touching
5. It helps to sanitise your mobile phones, computers and tablets regularly.
We spend a lot of time touching and holding them.
6. We know we love each other in ACC but can we cut out hugging, handshakes and
even fist bumps for this season?
7. Please, if you have a cold, a cough, or anything that looks like a flu, it is best to stay at home. Fortunately all our sermons are shared on the church website (www.accrachurch.org), but even more importantly let someone in our church leadership know so we can bear you up in prayer and check on you.
8. Family, we pray this does not happen but if any of us (God forbid) tests positive for
COVID-19, please alert us immediately. This is so we can track who they have been in physical contact with among us and allow us to determine how best we can support them through recovery.
If you intend to come to church on Sundays and partake in weekday meetings, we want to assure you that we are also taking measures to protect you. As church leadership,
THIS IS WHAT WE WILL DO:
a. We will disinfect all door handles, toys and all equipment that is frequently touched during service.
b. Soap, water and hand sanitisers will be readily available at all times.
c. We will space out the chairs a bit more.
d. There will be no Fellowship Table. However, packaged snacks will be served in Sunday School.
Family, this is a good time to remember that even as God’s children, we believe He will protect us as He has promised but we must work with Him. Please take personal responsibility for what you do and where you go. As a church, we will keep you posted on any modifications to our services if the need arises to make them.
We love you, be safe and and fix your eyes on Him under whose wings we find refuge.
God bless you.
In His service:
Nana Kofi Acquah